Search This Blog

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Exams

It's that time of the semester. Exams are happening. Papers are due. And God is still, so so good!

I now recognize all the people who work and volunteer at the seminary library. I no longer need to check and see when they're open, because I have it memorized. God is continuing to help me as the study hours get more intense and the work becomes more cumulative.

My last exam is the Week of May 4th. It's 40% of my grade. It's Hebrew Grammar and vocab. It's a big test for me. Some of the guys have rolled into seminary with astute backgrounds in academia. Others of us...not so much. Did I mention God is good? This applies in here too. He gives me all I need. My wife is so gracious and kind to help me along the way. My study skills and efficiency are growing. Hebrew is slowly working into my long term memory. Pray that I finish well. It is grueling and fun combined into one.

Preached my first sermon in about 10 years a few weeks ago! It was on Psalms 27:4. A beautiful passage about the desires of David's heart to worship the Lord all the days of his life. Just like you and I though, he at times failed to do so. It's a wonderful chapter I'd encourage you all to read. The preaching went well for a beginner like me. Feedback was good. Need to be more dynamic.

Summer class starts with no reprive from my current semester. On the Horizon? Hebrew Grammar II and two semesters worth of Greek. The greek class is so infamous by the students they call it "gladiator greek". Only the strong survive.

I hope this post finds you all doing well. I'm praying for you. For you love of the Lord. For salvation. For perseverance in hard times.
- Dave

No comments:

Post a Comment