Search This Blog

Friday, October 22, 2010

A Great Birthday

This past week was my Birthday.  Thanks to many of you who said hbd on my facebook page.  It was a constant stream for most of the day.  Woke up to a few signs around the house Annie posted after I went to sleep.  Sneaky!  When I got home from Seminary that afternoon, there were signs all over the house from the kids.  Cameron just loved the one he put on the toilet...cracking himself up.  They all jumped out from behind the couch when I came in the door and yelled "happy birthday".


That morning was started off as usual with the men's bible study I lead at church.  we read an article on prayer by George Mueller.  Didn't tell em it was my Birthday.  They said they'd get me back for that, and they did.  Later that same day, I had class with my pastor Jack Hughes at Seminary.  He was informed it was my birthday, and so 70 men sang happy birthday to me.  Was fun.  Later that evening while Ann was at Sem wives, Jack, his son and John B took me to Ventura Blvd for sushi.  Was a great time.

The family and I will be heading to the beach tomorrow, Lord willing, to celebrate.

The Lord continues to provide for us in amazing ways.  This week we received some financial help, a new keyboard for our mac at home, a dell computer, and much prayer from those many beloved people in our lives.  God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment