Search This Blog

Monday, January 11, 2010

First week of Class

Tomorrow is my first day of classes. Hebrew I, Hermeneutics, Exegesis of Prayer, Intro to Preaching, Christian Ministries and Discipleship Lab are coming my way.

Before that kicks in, some insight into my family. My wife and I are Christians. That means we understand we are sinners, incapable of the perfection God requires; "Be holy as I am holy". Therefore we need, and have accepted, Christ's sacrifice on our behalf to pay for our sin. This satisfies the wrath of God, and redeems our soul. Christ, lived a perfect life on earth, died for the sins of man, and conquered death by rising from the dead on the third day. Those who repent (turn from their sin) and believe on the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, will be saved. Believing here is more than an intellectual ascent of understanding (such as the demons have), it requires that one submit their life and all that they are to Jesus Christ, thereby making Him Lord.

During seminary, as in all other times in life, my goals are to:
1. Give God glory in all that I do
2. Love my family and serve them
3. Edify the Church
4. Make disciples.

These goals are both/and, which means they are not compartmentalized, but holistic in nature.

Praying for you.
Dave

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the posts. I just love reading what you have to say!

    ReplyDelete