Search This Blog

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orientation

Tomorrow is the last day of Orientation. So far I've had two assessment exams, a few hours of sermons, a few "pep talks", lots of "how-to's" and lots of laughs. The men I have met so far are an excellent bunch. A few pre-med students, mba grads, a guy from Oxford, engineers etc....yeah, I made pretty pictures for a living....God is so very good to me!

We are much committed to the task of preaching and teaching the Word of God. For it really doesn't matter what my opinion of scripture is, "for no scripture is a matter of one's own interpretation" but "men, moved by the Holy Spirit, spoke from God." It only matters what the singular interpretation of a particular passage is. That is what we aim to communicate. The application thereof can be many, outward from that specific point.

Tomorrow evening is a dessert reception with many professor's and their wives. The seminary provides childcare so my wife can enjoy the evening with me. What a nice touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment