Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Are you going to Heaven?

The Gospel


God is Holy

Leviticus 19:2 Be holy because I, the Lord your God, am holy.


Problem! No one is Holy!


Sin

Romans 3:23 For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God


Sin brings death

Romans 6:23a The wages of sin is death,


Jesus brings life

Romans 5:8 “But God demonstrated His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.”


Romans 6:23b but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.


1 Cor 15:3-4 Jesus died for our sins and rose again on the third day


How we are saved

Eph 2:8-9 “For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith -- and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God--not by works, so that no one can boast.”


John 14:6 “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.”


Our response?

Is 55:7 “Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts. Let him turn to the LORD, and he will have mercy on him, and to our God, for he will freely pardon.”


Rom 10:9 “That if you confess with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.”


God commands all men to repent

Acts 17:30 “now He commands all people everywhere to repent.”

If I do not repent (turn from my sin) God's wrath abides on me and I will spend eternity apart from Him in Hell.


What happens when I become a Christian?

I am changed!

1 Cor 5:17 “Therefore if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creature; the old things passed away; behold, new things have come.”

1 comment:

  1. AMEN! Preach it! : )

    One of my favorite Scriptures is Romans 6:23 - the FREE GIFT of God...His love is free, we just have to accept it, and live for Him because we love him, not because we are working toward salvation. Salvation is FREE!

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete