Search This Blog

Monday, March 15, 2010

Play Set

As I collected wood from the disposable pile at our construction site (the stuff they didn't want) I wondered how I would be able to collect enough to build something for my kids. After stacking it at home, there's only enough to build a small platform (2x2) and maybe a railing around it.

Today when I got home from work, there were many pieces to a kids play set. My wife informed me that someone from church was getting rid of it as their kids were too old for it, and wondered if we wanted it. Of course! It has two little slides, two tiny tunnels, and it just the right size for all three of our children to enjoy it.

Trusting in the Lord, and being content with what we have, doesn't mean God will then provide those things for us. Though He did in this case. It means that He will provide us the grace and patience to be content in whatever the circumstance. Even if it's a little thing like wanting a play set for your children.

May God be praised!

No comments:

Post a Comment