Search This Blog

Thursday, June 3, 2010

We Serve a Gracious God

Memorial Day - was supposed to be a day to spend time with the family and relax a bit before my last push towards the end of my Hebrew Grammar II class. This week Ann had little tutoring because school is out.

The phone rang. A man from our church was doing a roofing job and wanted to hire me for the day to come help out. It turned out to be the same amount of money Ann would have made tutoring that day.

Later that day, as I was driving with the kids, the car started to over heat. Not just a little, but all the way up to "H". There was no more room for the needle to go. Praise the Lord the car just needed some coolant (a bunch of it) and a quart of oil. $20 later and the car is back on the road. You might say a funny day of coincidences, if you don't know the Lord, or, if you do know God Almighty, our loving compassionate, gracious, all-knowing and Sovereign God - you would say - "just another day, with God in control"! And in control He is!

Praise the Lord for He is good.

Tomorrow, I have my last final for Hebrew Grammar II, at which point I'll be half done with my Hebrew studies for seminary. Thanks to all of you for your prayers. We truly appreciate it and are blessed by them. Continue to pray for the salvation of my children.

dave

No comments:

Post a Comment