Search This Blog

Monday, June 28, 2010

Greek and CBC Internship

Thanks to a handy song on the web, it wasn't all Greek to me, only most of it. Our professor is, shall we say, eccentric to say the least. He tells us about all these conspiracy theories of what really goes on in the world in order to poke and prod us to focus on the main thing. No, not Greek. Jesus!

He wants us to be so focused on Christ that we let all else fall behind (especially politics). Yes, be diligent in family and in school and at work and church, but that is being diligent as God has commanded which then brings glory to God. Not diligence for an "A", but diligent in that we are good stewards of what God has given to our care. Our focus and goals have to be in the right place or ALL that we do brings shame to the name of Christ.

Greek class is now 3 days per week, and moves at a fast pace. Please pray I can keep up with class given the time my family and I have allotted for it.

This past week my church made me an intern. They wanted to see, as they do with all students, if we can handle the rigors of seminary before investing more time in us. Since I am now through with my first semester, it cleared the way for an Internship. What's involved? More one on one discipleship with a pastor. He'll be able to guide me and give feedback in the ministries I'm currently involved with. Preaching once per month at Burbank Health Care, Teaching weekly, on prayer team etc. I'll also attend the monthly elder meetings and weekly elder prayer meetings.

God has been and continues to be good to us. Someone gave us a box full of frozen food and said they'd make it a regular thing if we liked the contents!

If you're reading this in the Burbank area, please consider coming to Church one Sunday morning at Calvary Bible Church calvarybiblechurch.org, to taste and see that God is good. The salvation of your soul and where you spend eternity hangs in the balance. Please also consider reading the book of John. http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+1&version=NASB

praying for your soul...dave

No comments:

Post a Comment